Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Nights

Now that the school year has come to an end it has become official that I will be moving back to Los Angeles in the Fall. I have an extraordinary amount of excitement about this move. I am altogether ready to be back on the West Coast and have all the things that come along with that - including the weather, the familiarity, the friends, and all the fast cars! But as I realize that I will be leaving in no more than only two short months - I am coming to terms with the fact that I will also be leaving Broadway, a community of actors I know, and the amazing Bouchon doughnuts that are only four blocks from where I live. I have also recently began to realize and reflect on the things that I sill have not done in New York City.

I mean, come on, I have been here for two years and I have yet to visit the empire state building.

So here is my mission. I am going to be a New Yorker who becomes familiar with many of the most touristy and also the most simple aspects of "The City" before I leave for LA in August (on a cross country road trip).

I consider this voyage to have started yesterday, Memorial Day, when I ventured across the Brooklyn Bridge on foot. Right as we got to the other side we were bombarded by a flash flood, we got drenched, hid inside a pizza place, found a piece of a rubber glove inside of our pizza (I politely complained), we received another pizza on the house and the bill was of no charge. As you probably guessed, the boys ate the second pizza.

Also on my list for this summer: visiting Highline Park, Boat Basin Cafe, Max Brenner, Peanut Butter & Co., Washington Square Park, Bouley, Sigmund's Pretzel Shop, The Russian Tea Room, Popbar, and East Hampton. I also refuse to leave NYC before seeing either of the productions during Shakespeare in the Park. Pictures and notable shorts will be posted accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds absolutely amazing. i wish i could be there!!like our paris adventures, but in new york!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're doing so well. :) Are you done with school now, completely?

    ReplyDelete